Radiator Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just fitted a new double radiator with the same pipes, replacing an old one..and i have a problem with only one panel getting warm.

I presume, with it being new, that its unlikely to be a blocked vent. I've also replaced a couple of radiators in different rooms at the same time.

Do you think this is likely to be a balancing problem? The back panel is hot , front panel is lukewarm but no pressure when I try to bleed front panel ?

Sponsored Links
whats the boiler pressure gauge showing? it may need repressurising. . . .

whats the boiler pressure gauge showing? it may need repressurising. .

was at 1 but i knocked it up to 1.5 just to see if it would make a difference but it didn't...cheers

Its likely to be a blocked vents
even with a new radiator ? should i try the old..needle down the vent trick then ? :eek:

thanks both for prompt replies :)

Sponsored Links
thanks for the help. took the radiator bleed valve out, poked hole with a needle,.....and lo and behold air came hissing out , so you were right, it was a blocked vent.....strange i thought, on an unused radiator. As i was trying to put the valve back in,i dropped it and it fell down the hole next to the radiator pipe :oops: tried hoovering it out but no luck..the floor is old fashioned glued laminate flooring :cry:

tried an valve from one of the radiators i took out but it's too fat
next question..can you buy replacement valves from plumbing shops?The radiator was given to me new but unboxed so i don't know the make. hope i dont have to buy a new radiator or rip up my laminate flooring :eek:

oh the joys of diy :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back