Radiator Problems ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can advise. I have 1 towel rail that has three heating sections, only 2/3rds of the first section is hot and the rest is cold. I assumed it had air in it so tried to bleed it through the vent at the top. Air escapes for approx 5 secs then stops. If you undo the actual valve itself (which sits on the top right of the rail) water escapes proving to me ( a plumbing know nothing !) that there is no air to bleed. So why does it not heat up the whole rail. It has worked fully since it was installed and I noticed the change after towels were not drying. I also have 1 radiator that is also behaving in a similar way.

Help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do u hav a combi(sealed system)that needs manual filling or a heating header tank in the loft. was the heating on when u bled it. When u said air came for 5 sec,s & stopped was that when water came on nothing.

Thanks for replying. We do not have a combi boiler it is a normal boiler with a mega flow so there is no tank in the loft. Can't remember whether the heat was on or off, probably on, by asking this I assume there is a right and wrong way to do this ? Not sure exactly what you mean with your last question, but the bleed valve escapes air for 5 secs or less but then water does not come out. I actually loosened off the whole valve itself (containing the bleed valve) and this is where the water leaked from.

Sponsored Links
If you have a mega flow u wont have tank for hot water supply. Megalows also recomend mains fed htg 4 the boiler curcuit so some where in ur house u will have a filling loop to top up the htg & a gauge to tel u what pressure is in the system. might be with the mega flow (look for big red/orange vessel) or if u have a system boiler it might be on the front of boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back