Radiator replacements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone give me a rough cost for the below please?

4 single radiators with 4 double radiators

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
£1500. That's only a guess though, as you fail to supply any useful details.

I have four single panel radiators (2 up and 2 down) in a two storey house, which I would like to replace with double radiators. Is this possible? I know how to take radiators off and replace them, so would I be able to buy four double radiators and DIY it?

Thanks for your help.

Also, it is OFCH if that makes a difference.

As they say size matters! You asked for a price but gave no rad sizes. OFCH? Not a term I'm familiar with.
Yes, it easily diyable.

Assuming you are replacing like for like in terms of height and width, but doubles instead of singles, then:

a. You could do it yourself. You will have to alter the pipework as the valve centres on a double are (generally) further from the wall than on a single.
b. If you currently have odd sizes, its easier to go for the next width down on metric sizes, and use extenders rather than (further) modify the pipework.
c. With do it yourself, price clearly depends on the size and style of radiators you purchase. Easy enough to price over the internet.
d. Whether oil fired, gas fired or electric central heating makes no difference.
e. You will need to drain down and re-fill. Might be worth adding a magnetic filter to the boiler return while you are at it.

Assuming you are replacing like for like in terms of height and width, but doubles instead of singles, then:

a. You could do it yourself. You will have to alter the pipework as the valve centres on a double are (generally) further from the wall than on a single.
b. If you currently have odd sizes, its easier to go for the next width down on metric sizes, and use extenders rather than (further) modify the pipework.
c. With do it yourself, price clearly depends on the size and style of radiators you purchase. Easy enough to price over the internet.
d. Whether oil fired, gas fired or electric central heating makes no difference.
e. You will need to drain down and re-fill. Might be worth adding a magnetic filter to the boiler return while you are at it.

That is a fantastic answer! Exactly what I needed too know! I'll have a look online for prices. Many thanks!!

I have four single panel radiators (2 up and 2 down) in a two storey house, which I would like to replace with double radiators. Is this possible? I know how to take radiators off and replace them, so would I be able to buy four double radiators and DIY it?

Thanks for your help.

Why didn't you post something along this line in your OP rather than the useless/pointless post. Both @muggles and @45yearsagasman posts were obviously of great use to you as it prompted you to provide proper legible information of what you actually wanted to achieve.

Having seen your other posts it's obvious that you expect people to do every detail of thinking for you as the capacity to do it yourself comes across quite plainly in your posts and your overall attitude.

If you want prices for radiators can I suggest that you do what any normal people would do and check the price of radiators!! This is a DIY site not a pricing site or a price comparison site and after your posts on this and others that will be the only advice you will be receiving from me.

Good luck on DIYing your new extension though and hope you find all the cost cutting needs are truly worth it. Please do send us some pics when you're done (y)

Jon

Thanks for your help.

Why didn't you post something along this line in your OP rather than the useless/pointless post. Both @muggles and @45yearsagasman posts were obviously of great use to you as it prompted you to provide proper legible information of what you actually wanted to achieve.

Having seen your other posts it's obvious that you expect people to do every detail of thinking for you as the capacity to do it yourself comes across quite plainly in your posts and your overall attitude.

If you want prices for radiators can I suggest that you do what any normal people would do and check the price of radiators!! This is a DIY site not a pricing site or a price comparison site and after your posts on this and others that will be the only advice you will be receiving from me.

Good luck on DIYing your new extension though and hope you find all the cost cutting needs are truly worth it. Please do send us some pics when you're done (y)

Jon

Hi Jon,

Maybe you can help me out by telling me why you bothered replying to the post in the first place? Was it boredom?

Also, I have posted 10 messages in total, I hardly think those posts quantify the response you have given!

Finally, what advice have you actually given me???? Apart from having your head stuck up your own @√$e I can see no advice in your post! Although your tag line of "We do this for free so if we've helped you don't be shy and hit the "THANKS" button." Would suggest you have an issue with giving helpful free advice. If so, TROLL A FORUM WHICH DOESN'T DO SO!

Hi @Windyprob1

Thanks for taking the time to reply, It's nice to see that after a bit of prompting you can construct proper sentences and be able to pass on information. Well done you.

Maybe you can help me out by telling me why you bothered replying to the post in the first place? Was it boredom?

Of course I can. I responded because your attitude to many people who asked you for information regarding what you actually wanted to do. You have been asked across all 3 of your posts to provide proper information and respond with arrogance possibly believing that we are all these mystical beings that can see your house, your budget and exactly what needs to be achieved, all through a forum. I responded to this thread in particular because you had shown a lot of disrespect to two highly regarded and very helpful members on here. @muggles @45yearsagasman

I don't hold myself in that regard but you have now done it to a 3rd person that helps people who are willing to accept it. Boredom? No. Expecting you to have a bit of respect for the people that you are asking for help? Yes.

Also, I have posted 10 messages in total, I hardly think those posts quantify the response you have given!

You have indeed and at most 2 of are of any use. Maybe check the post count of every member on here that has taken umbrage with your attitude. I'll leave you to do the math seeing as you have now manged to pass English 101.

Finally, what advice have you actually given me???? Apart from having your head stuck up your own @√$e I can see no advice in your post!

Thats quite easy to see in my previous post to all and sundry. Maybe I'm not the one that needs to remove their head from their @RSE and see the real world.

If you want prices for radiators can I suggest that you do what any normal people would do and check the price of radiators!!

Quite easy to show you that it just took the power of reading and comprehension. Sorry, or vision when head is removed from your dark cavern.

Although your tag line of "We do this for free so if we've helped you don't be shy and hit the "THANKS" button." Would suggest you have an issue with giving helpful free advice. If so, TROLL A FORUM WHICH DOESN'T DO SO!

So you feel that in decent society if someone helps you, for free or for pay, and provides you with a service it isn't common decency to say a thank you? Well I think we have ascertained your level and proved my first assumption of you to be correct.

Not that I have to justify but I, and many others here, have helped many thousands of people to DIY and save themselves a few quid in the process and have done so for many years providing that it isn't dangerous, they can give us proper information and they have a level of respect. You fall into none of the above. I'd have a search through some other posts and learn how to conduct yourself.

You on the other hand seem to want everything handed to you on a plate. I mean seriously your question about building your extension asking for step by step instructions of how to do it is laughable.

Oh and finally, if I wanted to troll a site I'd follow your example as you seem far more experienced in it than me even if you haven't really understood the actual meaning of the word or the concept but if you want an example of being flamed on a forum then please feel free to screenshot this and put it up in a frame. (If you ask nicely in the carpentry forum you could get some help making your own;))

Anyway it's been fun. Thanks for taking the time to respond and feel free to do so further should you wish I'm sure it'll be very entertaining. :love:

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back