Radiator valve feed / return on one valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator valve with the feed and return on the one unit. The valve is leaking on the feed side around the control spindle. This could normally be overcome by tightening the packing but it doesn't seem to be that type of valve. Looks almost like a small tap body?

I am not sure whether to replace the whole unit if I can find one. Or whether I can get a replacement valve body or seal? I have looked at merchants online and cannot find anything similar?

Any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
It could be one of these(click below), service kits are available, or you could just replace it.. The downside is there is no TRV option for this type of valve that I'm aware of so often people take a new feed to the opposite end of the radiator.
http://www.uk-plumbing.com/manual-valves-yorkshire-maxitwin-valves-c-220_221_232_236.html

Also how well does the radiator function? There's a long tube which attaches to the valve and takes the flow to the other end of the radiator, these can pinhole and come loose, causing a poor heat spread across the radiator. Its basically just a piece of copper tube, I think 8mm if I remember.

It could be one of these(click below), service kits are available, or you could just replace it.. The downside is there is no TRV option for this type of valve that I'm aware of so often people take a new feed to the opposite end of the radiator.
http://www.uk-plumbing.com/manual-valves-yorkshire-maxitwin-valves-c-220_221_232_236.html

Also how well does the radiator function? There's a long tube which attaches to the valve and takes the flow to the other end of the radiator, these can pinhole and come loose, causing a poor heat spread across the radiator. Its basically just a piece of copper tube, I think 8mm if I remember.
Thnks for that. I will take it apart and check the o ring size as I think mine is bigger than 8mm but similar design. Thans again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back