Radiator Valve Supplier - 1/2" BSP Inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are trying to get our existing non-functioning radiator valves changed for new manual ones. We have 1/2" BSP iron pipe heating pipes and I am struggling to find a 1/2" BSP inlet valve (with 1/2" BSP outlet to the rad). Can anyone recommend a supplier?

Many thanks,

James

Sponsored Links
You would do well to match the same brand or you could end up having to thread steel pipes :LOL:

More info required.

Sponsored Links
Hattersley, Available from BSS.
They are both 1/2" BSP and 15mm compression depending whether you use the olive and compression screw or not. As far as I am aware all rad valves have 1/2" bsp tailes for the rad end.

Hattersley, Available from BSS.
They are both 1/2" BSP and 15mm compression depending whether you use the olive and compression screw or not. As far as I am aware all rad valves have 1/2" bsp tailes for the rad end.

No you can buy 3/4", 1", 11/4", 11/2" and 2" :rolleyes: maybe a tad hard to come by now, but I think they're are still listed in the crane and Hattersley book.

BSS market their own brand TRV's 1/2" iron, not cheap, but cheaper than the big brands, and work very well ;)

Agreed boilerman but the OP is changing a valve, and it is unlikely the Boss brand will be the same dimensions, so needs to match brand names or alter the pipework.

Thanks for all the help chaps.

We currently have threaded iron pipes and I believe the thread is 1/2"BSP as that is a standard size. Measuring across the threads major diameter comes to approx. 22mm, though there is a layer or three of paint on there. 15mm compression fit definitely won't do!

Was hoping to find a more traditional styled valve - any tips on where to look for them as the ones mentioned are all relatively modern. The TRV bit is not important - we have a fairly consistent communal heating system so we ought to be ok to adjust a manual valve as required.

Thanks again for help so far,

James

Depends what you call traditional, and the style of radiator.

Hattersley and Crane do old style brass or chrome valves.

As I said earlier, not any old valve will replace what you have without altering the feed pipe.

Maybe try a recycle yard :idea: . There are a couple in East Sussex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back