Radiators 3 cold 2 hot - Baxi Bermuda

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi....Help!

Got a Back Boiler (Baxi Bermuda) in the living room. I live in a flat and have 5 radiators. No upstairs downstairs they are all on the level.

The radiator in living room is fine, as is the one next door in the bedroom.
Then comes the bathroom radiator, which has never work as far as i can remember, but that is ok as the hot water tank (emersion heater) keeps the room at a nice heat. This is also where the pump is situated.

The other two rooms radiators, after the bathroom, no longer get hot. They did last winter!

I have tried bleeding the system, there was some trapped air but that did not solve it. I have tried de-sludging the system too.

Any thoughts?

What I have discover today while trying to bleed the radiators again, was that when the pump was turned off, the water pressure was greater than when it was turned on. Could anyone explain that? Is that normal.

The pump is working. Or at least sounds like it is working. It changes pitch when you turn it up and I can feel it vibrating.

Any help would be warmly received.

Phil

Sponsored Links
Take the screw cap off the centre of the pump face with the system off and turn the nut to make sure the impeller is spinning freely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back