Radiators come on when water is being heated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
I have recently moved into a house which was an IDEAL Classic FF350 boiler.
Whenever the water is set to come on, all the radiators come on as well. I have no documentation for this system. I did a quick search on the internet and it seems to be a fault with the value.

Can anyone give me help on how to diagnose this fault?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Depends what valve(s) you have.
Could be any of faulty valve, faulty wiring, faulty plumbing...
Or a valve locked open manually

Sorry chaps I am 100% lay person.
The boiler is fully enclosed so I cant see inside. Even if I could I wouldnt know what a valve looks like.

I suppose I;ll have to call in a professional. Does this sound like an expensive job?

Sponsored Links
Maxpathan said:
Sorry chaps I am 100% lay person.
The boiler is fully enclosed so I cant see inside. Even if I could I wouldnt know what a valve looks like.

I suppose I;ll have to call in a professional. Does this sound like an expensive job?
It Will if you let on you no he haw!!!!

petetheleak said:
It Will if you let on you no he haw!!!!
Not universally true, of course.

For example, my favourite customer is someone who describes the symptoms, then goes away to make the tea, brings it to me, then leaves me the **** alone.

My least favourite is someone who wants to ask me:

(a) what the problem is;
(b) why it happened when the boiler/valve/tap/pump worked happily for years;
(b) how I'm going to fix it;
(c) how much it's going to cost;
(d) how long it's going to take;
(e) how much all my tools cost;
(f) how I learned everything I know.

...while I'm trying to do the ****ing job. :evil:

If they stay quiet then I'm happily ignorant of much they know, so I just charge them for fixing the problem. If they want to tell me how much they already know, then I charge them extra for having to listen to their drivel while trying to concentrate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back