Radiators coming on with Hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all hoping somebody can help.

Noticed last week that when the hot waters on some of the radiators are coming on for the 30 mins that the hot waters on for.

I've turned most of the radiators off but that only hides the problem :unsure:

I've tried moving the manual/auto switch on the motorised valve but no luck.

Which Valve could it be as ive one at the bottom which is a
Danfoss Randall HPA2 2 port valve actuator

and one above it which is a honeywell 272848 motorized valve

Do i need to replace one of the valves? Can i get round this job without calling out another plumber lol

IMG_20160610_070603.jpg

IMG_20160610_070624.jpg
IMG_20160610_070710.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's the Danfoss one that's giving you the problem, whether you can avoid calling a plumber depends on how good you are at plumbing!

Remove the 2 screws holding the white actuator in place, and check the spindle can move freely. They are prone to seizing up. If so, the internals of the valve can be replaced, or you may decide to replace the whole valve. Easy work for a pro, but a diyer may find it difficult. Either way a partial drain down or bunging the system will be required.

Remove the Phillips screw remove cover left hand corner and opposite right hand corner there will be Phillips screws remove these this will remove the head and change head only will need to wire new one back in

Sponsored Links
Remove the Phillips screw remove cover left hand corner and opposite right hand corner there will be Phillips screws remove these this will remove the head and change head only will need to wire new one back in

I think you mean slotted screws:sneaky:

The Honeywell is the hw. The HPA2 is the one that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply's (y)

I'll take the cover off and see if its moving freely

If i change the head ive not got to worry about draining the system?

Plumbing i'm a complete novice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back