Radiators not working!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, In one of the classrooms in my school, there are three radiators that don't seem to work, no matter how high a setting they are put on.

I have looked into various ways to solve the problem (sludge, bleeding, tapping the valve pin) but none that I have tried suceeded.

One of them, when I bled it, released a black water with a strange smell (I guessed that was the sludge?) and after bleeding for sometime, dirty water still was coming out. Once the water seemed to be clear, the radiator seemed to heat up a tiny bit but no more than lukewarm. Even though the pipe to the valvue was much hotter.

What could this mean? and what are my options DIY wise?

I can try to give more information if necessary but my terminology is not great so maybe apply 'for dummies' style to any replies!

thank you
Dan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi, In one of the classrooms in my school, there are three radiators that don't seem to work, no matter how high a setting they are put on.

I have looked into various ways to solve the problem (sludge, bleeding, tapping the valve pin) but none that I have tried suceeded.

One of them, when I bled it, released a black water with a strange smell (I guessed that was the sludge?) and after bleeding for sometime, dirty water still was coming out. Once the water seemed to be clear, the radiator seemed to heat up a tiny bit but no more than lukewarm. Even though the pipe to the valvue was much hotter.

What could this mean? and what are my options DIY wise?

I can try to give more information if necessary but my terminology is not great so maybe apply 'for dummies' style to any replies!

thank you
Dan

If you're a pupil, write 200 lines - 'I must not play with the school's heating system.'

If you're a teacher, your spelling and use of capitals needs work. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back