radiators on big or small brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey I wonderd if plumbers usualy hang normal radiators on the big side of the bracket so there further away from the wall. Or smaller bracket so there closer to the wall?

Sponsored Links
Like I said really down to customer preferrence as to how far they want the rad sticking out into the room.

May also depend on what they have covering any windows, if short curtains, then use the big side, so the rad is out past the curtains and less heat is lost up the back.

Rico

Sponsored Links
If there is not going to be any heat loss, Iwould have short side, also short side if I was going to look end on at the rad.
Big side only to get rad to project beyound sill or curtain.

is the standard height for radiators installed in a normal house 600mm?

Well if you are replacing a radiator and the tails come out of the floor / wall and fixed and can't be moved that will govern which way you fit the brackets to enable you to offer up the rad to meet the valves.

ok thanks get what you mean. Is the standard height for radiators usualy 600mm?

Height OF rads :?: can be 600 or others :idea: .Though in a new build they are likely to be all same - bought in their hundreds from the factories. Gotta keep the shareholders happy :rolleyes:

Do you mean height between the floor and bottom of rad, or height between bottom and top of the rad?

is the standard height between bottom and top of the rad please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back