radiators on seperate feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have coal central heating,hot water brilliant upstairs rads brilliant,i have 6 radiators downstairs 4 are brilliant but 2 are on seperate feed pipes and no way will they get hot.they get slightly warm on top thats all tried bleeding no good what can i do please help

Sponsored Links
Balancing radiators.
The radiators that are nearest the pump are usually getting hot first. First make sure system is on heating only and any bypass if fitted is closed. They have a lockshield valve one end and a hand control valve the other end, close the lockshield valve with a small spanner on the flats of brass shaft exposed when the plastic knob is pulled of. Then open it 1/8-1/4 of a turn, make sure other valve is fully open Then move rad that is next one from pump and repeat, and so on until you are downstairs then open lockshield valve ¼ -1/2 a turn. That should work all rads. Then open bypass valve to same position it was in. Good luck

don't worry nominate either left or right, preferably the one that is least accessible, and use that as the one you adjust to balance and and just turn the knob, if it is to stiff to turn, lift it off with a little bit of care may have to use a lever under it, then turn with a spanner and continue.

Sponsored Links
still wont get hot noticed pipes leading to and from radiators not getting hot either ones that are hot can hardly touch pipes to them so hot..does that mean anything to you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back