Radiators RED HOT !!!!!

Sponsored Links
Do you mean hot to touch or hot when they should be off ? The temperature of the radiators is set by the boiler thermostat not the room thermostat it may just be set to high or possibly faulty,what system do you have and what is the make and model of the boiler,Paul

-potterton suprema !! what seems to be happening is I think that 3 way thing isnt working. I turned the thermostat right down , yet the boiler was still roaring away and the radiators were REALLY hot , Does that 3 way thing , supposed to direct the flow in another direction , once the set temp has been reached , mine just got hotter and hotter. If that 3 way was in some way defective , what would happen ?? (please note the room thermometer still clicks when turned)

Sponsored Links
was the cylinder still calling for heat?

When did the system last work properly?

How many of the pipes on the motorised valve are too hot to hold?

HOLD EVERYTHING , have found pages of info from guy with identical problem , and loads more with similar problems - from older forum posts , and theyve given me loads of info - Thanx , probs should have checked that at the beggining before posting - sorry guys and thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back