Radiators stopped working

Sponsored Links
I have a fairly big system that I used to dread draining because it would never fill properly. I realised that the conventional method of bleeding wasn't very effective and figured out an alternative. Now I have no trouble at all. I get a BIG tub and place it under the radiator that that won't heat up. I run the system and loosen the bleed valve and leave it gushing water into the tub until the water runs hot. Sometimes I might have to do this with more than one radiator but it is foolproof. The water coming out has to come from somewhere and eventually it will run hot because if the boiler is running the only cold water that can be in the system will be in another blocked radiator. The open valve depressurises the system and allows any airlocks to be expelled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back