Radiators warming up when hot water tap is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We have a Potterton Performa 24 boiler which I'm guessing is about 12 or so years old. Recently we have noticed that if the hot water is on for an extended period of time (running a bath or a shower) then most of the radiators in the house start to warm up.
Anyone have any ideas about what could be causing it to happen?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Get the boiler serviced as detailed in the manual

The body of the diverter valve will be passing.

Temporarily you could close one of the heating isolation valves under the boiler when you want hot water and no heating.

Tony

there is a service kit available for your diverter valve and nothing to stop you from replacing this yourself but it is a real pain to change, get an experienced engineer in to fit it or replace the complete diverter vave, be carefull about operating the isolation valves as Tony advised, although this will work on a temporary basis chances are they will leak and will need replaced when you open them again

Sponsored Links
Is it just me or is there a fire sale on diverter valves just now? Everyone seem to be having the same problem recently. :LOL:
Now there's a opperchancity for someone to design one that doesn't...hmmmm :)

Any design engineer would be sacked if he designed a boiler which did not have an after market for further sales of spare parts.

Ian, I don't remember any iso valves on a Baxi/Performa leaking after my use.

That's a total contrast to the Puma and Lynx which would always leak.

Thats more than I can say about many of the water seals inside though.

Tony

Granada as tony says theres a kit to servive the divertor valve on your boiler and its actually pretty simple to change.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back