Raditors up stairs not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be very grateful if anyone can help.I have an open vented system. I drained down my central heating system to fit a new radiator in my utility room, the new radiator is the first one coming off the boiler, i teed off the 22mm flow and return about 1 metre from the boiler. i fitted the radiator and refilled the system. The radiator and all the rest down stairs work fine, but the ones up stairs stay completely cold, i've tried venting all the radiators but it made no differents, The only thing i can think of is when i drain the system down i did not open the vents on any of the radiators, do you think i may have an air lock in the pipes ? don't want to drain it down again if can help it, as put some inhibitor in,

Sponsored Links
Is your hot water cylinder heating up? Also look up stairs and in the loft to see if there are any pipes which may have air vents on them. If a pipe rises and then drops down then air will hold up the flow.

Yes the boiler is heating the hot water cylinder up, the only rising vent pipe i can see is the open vent pipe over the F&E tank. also the bathroom radiator heats up, its just the radiators in the bedrooms that don't, ? any ideals what to try to resolve his , many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back