Rads cool/warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My radiators are driving me mad.The ground floor rads are red hot as required except for the kitchen rad which is always stone cold.The upstairs rads only heat up at the lower 4 inches of each unit.I've bled the rads,all air escapes but no water is emitted.The down stairs rads bleed very black water and the kitchen rad which is always cold jets black water immidiately with no air escaping!!! Help!! :(

Sponsored Links
Well, happychap, I think you're going to have to think of a new name.

First you need to tell us what sort of system you have - sealed, open, fully pumped, gravity, motorised valves, etc. (We are mind readers, but it never seems to work for Birmingham - don't know why.)

Hi,I've always had that problem with mind readers in the midlands lol! The boiler is a Worcester Hi flow 400 Electronic.I believe it is a sealed system,fully pumped. I hope this helps.thanks.

If it's a sealed system you must top up the pressure as you vent air fro the top rads. Not simultaneously, but vent a bit, then top up pressure, then vent a bit, etc.

System pressure should be about 1.0 bar, but a little higher (up to 1.5 bar) is fine. If you don't know how to top the pressure up, look in the sticky reference topic.

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,

Many,many thanks for taking the time to help me out. You cracked it and my kids are no longer shivering at night! I wish a very merry Christmas to you and yours.

Kind regards,

Neil & Family

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back