Raising a first floor extension and extending Kitchen

G

grcj8

Hi,

I am looking at a 1930s house which has a relatively small kitchen. The kitchen is located at the back of the house and needs complete refurbishment (as does most of the house). To the rear of the house there is a utility room as well as a downstairs toilet. However there is a step down from the kitchen to reach this.

My plan is to knock down the wall and extend the kitchen to where the utility / toilet area used to be. The main problem with this though is that as there is a step down, the roof of the utility room / wc is lower than that of the kitchen.

I want to incease the height of the "extension" and somehow raise the floor so that it is level with the kitchen and look something similar to how they have done it at next door. I will need a double window to the rear (not sure whether will need the skylight yet (depends on cost)

I want to build on top of what is currently there and keep the roof etc if possible to save costs. I presume I could also use bricks from the wall I am knocking down in the kitchen to again save costs.

Finally I would need to remove the pebbledash and finish similar to next door's (just on that area not the whole house)

Anyone able to give me a rough idea of how much that would cost to do, amount of work involved?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back