raising and levelling a floor - options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a floor that is a: at the wrong level and b: not level. Oh and c: really needs a DPM of some sort.

Original dims were taken at one end of the floor and it was presumed to be reasonably level (stupid mistake, I know)

Now it turns out that it isn't - one end is 50mm below correct level, the other is 25mm below.

Obviously at 50mm it would have been OK to have a screed put over a normal DPM, but my understanding is that 50mm is the minimum for this type of approach.

What's the alternatives? Can I get a concrete reinforced with poly fibres or something that will be OK at just 25mm thick over a DPM?

I'd prefer not to take it up as it is stupidly thick and a stupidly strong mix - at least 10" thick all over and considerably thicker in others! Heavy duty kango will barely touch it.

Sponsored Links
yeah that's about all I'd come up with :LOL:

I'm considering putting down a solid oak floor in the room so that would provide a nice easy laying platform.

Sponsored Links
Floor screed can be laid less than 50mm, use a good mix of SBR, i`ve laid 10mm screeds and they have been down for years, but beware if using architect spec or planning department!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back