Raising floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
1 month ago I had a leakage from my shower pump(located in the bathroom nearby the water cylinder, pump and motorized valve) wich lasted 1 week.

People living below me when they realized that was raining in their bathroom instead of nocking on my door they called porter. The porter came to my flat a week later to tell me about the leaking. As soon as he told me about the leakage i fixed it straight away.

After 2 weeks from the leakage, I started seeing my floor slightly raising in the kitchen and in the corridor especially where the pipes of the central heating are. it got worse and worse.

Is it normal that the floor rises, especially near the hot pipes, after a leakage ? or it's a problem related to the central heating?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Eek, well if they used OSB for your subflooring then you could have this bubbling effect from the board absorbing the moisture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back