Raising the height of a bathroom basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After fitting laminate, my pedestal (unsurprisingly) won't fit underneath the basin.

Would it be reasonably easy to move the basin up the wall an inch?
I am presuming I will need to extend the piping so that it will reach the taps so my immediate thought was to fit isolating valves while i'm at it which will provide me with the extra height and easily be able to turn the taps off for when they are replaced in the near future.

Is this reccomended? Any issues? Are modern isolating valves pretty much push fit jobs?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Sponsored Links
There ARE push fit isolators, which might add about an inch. There are also flexible tap connectors, which might simplify matters somewhat! You will also have todo something with the waste - depending whether its vertical or out through the wall. There are "sliding" versions of P and bottle traps, which will do just what you want. Otherwise you might insert a compression wast fitting, (eg McAlpine) which would do what you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back