raising the shower head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I've been using this site for a while now and up to now I've found answers to everything I needed so, firstly, thanks to everyone for the information and advice on this site.

My problem is I want to raise the shower head in our bathroom as we have tiled the floor and the increase in height of the bath means that the shower will hit my head.

The shower is like the Hudson Reed Traditional Dual with the riser exposed. I am trying to avoid having to move the whole thing up the wall so wanted to fit a longer pipe to the riser but that's where the plan has come unstuck.

I cannot find the right sized pipe anywhere. It measures 18mm OD and I want one about 1200mm long but the kits are all around the 1000mm mark.

Does anyone know where I can get a pipe to fit or a way to extend the pipe we have.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Sponsored Links
My problem is I want to raise the shower head in our bathroom as we have tiled the floor and the increase in height of the bath means that the shower will hit my head.

what did you use floor tiles or paving slabs ?

I put 18mm boarding down and floor tiles ontop of that so we have raised the floor by about 25mm. The rain head was low before anyway but now it'll be too low to use.

The bath is a clawfooted slipper bath by the way.

I think the chrome tubing sold by B&Q amongst others for wardrobe hanging rails etc. is 18mm, and available in lengths up to 2 Metres.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunatly it's 19mm.

I've tried some of that but it won't fit.

Thanks Master of None, I'll give them a try.

Is it Article no. 39203

18 16 1 6 90

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back