Range Powermax 155 buzzing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to dredge up an old post, but this didnt say how it was resolved....

I also have a Range Powermax 155, and there is a buzzing coming from behind the main console. Any ideas anyone? Pretty please?

It seems to still work. Is it likely to be dangerous to run?

Sponsored Links
Could be the relay Prt No. P779 (P634 old Prt No.).

singomann said:
The buzzing only happens at the weekend
Thanks

But why should relay Part No P799 only buzz at weekends?

In fact how would the relay even know that its a weekend?

Just to add a bit more detail - the boiler is still producing lots of hot water. The CH thermostat clicks when I turn it up, yet the radiators dont get hot. My CH is set to run 24/7 depending on temperature (in practice this means rarely as my flat is very warm without heating), which is perhaps why my buzzing is all the time rather than at weekends only!

So all in all, I would have thought that reinforces the suggestion of the pump relay being shot, but let me know if that info changes anything....

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Depending on what you mean by "set to run all the time" then usually the pump would only run when there is a call for heat from the room stat!

In that case the pump relay would only be activated when there is a call for heat and not all the time!

You are really meant to start your own new thread rather than take over someone elses. Yes, we know why you posted here, but it does make the site tidier otherwise there would only be a few very long threads!

Tony

Hmm the buzzing is there whether or not the room stat is at max or min, and which side of the click it is. Does this suggest it isnt the pump relay? In other words, ny "run all the time" I mean at any time when the thermostat calls for it.

From vague memories of the noise a dodgy relay makes, it does sound quite like that.

Fair point re. hijacking the thread - I think my elation at finding someone who knows something about this must have overcome me. If one of the mods can move it, please do.

Cheers.

Is the noise there if the CH is deselected on the clock?

Is it there if DHW is deselected ( if thats possible ) ?

It might just be the transformer in the boiler control.

Tony

Sorry for the delay - I've been away but have returned to the sweet sweet sound of buzzing....

The buzzing seems to be there whether or not the thermostat calls for hear, but if the control on the boiler is set for the CH to be off (rather than on or timed), then buzzing stops.

We have hot water, but the boiler wont fire up CH.

Thanks again for any hints.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back