Rapid pressure loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am after a bit of advice. My boiler started playing up about 2 weeks ago (Worcester 28i junior). I would have to reset it and topup the pressure. Then last week everytime I would top it up it instantly(30 secs or so) falls back to zero even when boiler is turned off. How do I find out if its a problem with the boiler or a leak somewhere? Would it be a major leak for the pressure to fall so rapidly?

Sponsored Links
Close the flow and return issolation points at bottom of boiler top up to one bar and what happens :?:

Is that the two points on the loop where I top it up? I topped it up to 1 bar then closed both of those and it still went down also made hissing sound every 10 secs or so as pressure dropped.

No Mike the issolations are on the extreme right and left of boiler where the heating pipes enter at the bottom.

Close these and top up.

Sponsored Links
when I close these and top up the gauge needle does not move at all sits at zero but I can hear water going through?

Sound as though you have a leak on you system.

do any of the pipes run under the floor at ground floor level

the pressure guage wont rise on boiler if you closed them both before topping up, maybe I worded it wrongly :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back