Rats - Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
I had moles once. They drove me mad, then, suddenly, they went away.

That's my story about moles.

Sponsored Links
If you want a really superior turf (even to rolawn) try www.coronetturf.co.uk theyare from Hampshire and grow turf on special beds, weed free, no roots disturbed when lifted and very good.

look at the size of these, no! not my feet :LOL: the rats.
09042007027zk0.jpg

I'm size 13 so these are big rats, they come in off the beach, we just keep putting down the poison, you can control them but not get rid of, they get too much food here, sand hoppers, Birds eggs, and tourists left over pic nics.

I worked for a well known pest control company for several years and what I would be wondering what are the rats motive to be going through your property or is there a pungent odour coming from your property that is attracting them.
It is easy to give you an answer as regarding poisons but you must remember that is what they are POISONS not to be handled by people who are not trained in the application of their use. You might end up poisoning somebody's pet cat or dog.
My best suggestion would be to make sure all waste food even titbits put out for the birds are restrained and bag and bin it. Make sure garden is tidy no piles of wood or garden refuse lying about rats will easily know if a human is tidy or untidy if the latter they will end up making their nest there. The holes they are digging try broken glass and screwed up chicken wire they will not chew through that so easily and if all that fails give your local Health and environment office a phone they are trained for this eventuality, or call Rentokil.
I hope this will be of some help to you but I reiterate poisons in the wrong hands are dangerous please do not try them I have seen the consequences.

well if what you say is true, why is it on seceral occasions we have seen rats in our garden (rat trap 3 rats nil) but we dont leave anything out for the birds, and not to mention the number of mice mouse traps have killed in the house.

There is a field near us, but its all flat grass for recreation,so they dont live their.

In my opinion poison is a waste of time money, it may kill them but then you have to find the body. traps kill instantly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back