Rats

G

GeorgeBramwell

I don't do sanitary work much. I have a case of a rat coming up a drain and into a house via a toilet. They want to know if there are any toilets that can prevent rats from climbing up. Do siphonic toilets prevent rats climbing up? Is there a non-return valve in that can be fitted in the drain?

thanks

Sponsored Links
There is a flap valve for the purpose...can`t remember the manufacturer :oops: have a google

There is a flap valve for the purpose...can`t remember the manufacturer :oops: have a google

There may not be space for a an in-line flap valve. A toilet made to stop rats climbing up would be the best bet here. Is there one?

Sponsored Links
Easy solution. We use a 12g shotgun and blast away at them.

ps
Always ensure you know where the water turns off, and have a spare w/c ready to replace damaged one.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

There may not be space for a an in-line flap valve. A toilet made to stop rats climbing up would be the best bet here. Is there one?

it doesn't need no more room in the pipework to fit the flap it replaces the wc connectors rubber seal on the end of the connector that fits into the wase pipe.

untiarb-1.jpg

mcalpine ARB-1.

But isn't that made of plastic which rats love to eat?

I do have to say merely closing the toilet lid would be an easier option, perhaps with a weight on top.

Tony

I've often wondered if it is true that rats climb into houses through the WC trap. Do they get out again the same way? How do they climb up the smooth porcelain and open the lid?

I've been told that they can't climb up inside plastic soil pipes as the surface is so smooth (not to mention slimy).

If they have a firm footing they can jump up about 900 mm.

I have never heard of this problem before but there is always a first time.

I have heard of many snakes entering that way before though.

Tony

If they have a firm footing they can jump up about 900 mm.

I have never heard of this problem before but there is always a first time.

I have heard of many snakes entering that way before though.

Tony

what part of London do you cover??????

the place is crawling with bowler hats, they come up sewage pipes,through toilet pan,squeeze through a hole the size of a 50p.

you have never heard of this, but you have heard about snakes!!

what part of London do you cover??????

the place is crawling with bowler hats, they come up sewage pipes,through toilet pan,squeeze through a hole the size of a 50p.

ilford, oxford st, lea valley, is swawming with them day/night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back