Rats

N

Newboy

A client of mine has a significant problem with rodents coming up through the sewer. So far the visitors have chewed through a toilet flexicon and eaten as much poison as can be put down the sewer.

Does anyone know where to get a rodent barrier (can't remember the correct name) which will fit into the main run between house and sewer. (Standard osma underground pipwork)

The type I'm thinking of is the self closing flap

Sponsored Links
mc alpine make them i think, i used 1 a while bak in a customers house. it was a poor design wiv 2 w.c back 2 bak.so wen 1 got flushed the ****e came up the other 1.the rodent barrier did the trick .

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately the macalpine one is designed to fit between the pan and pan connector - the rats are destroying the waste long before they get to the back of the pan. I should add that the client lives in a very upmarket development of converted barns hence the rat problem

Any thoughts on the underground version?

PS Kev - I think that Jay1 said

"I think that if you check the above mentioned website, the product for which you search can be found. However it would not appear to state from whence the aforementioned product can be purchased"

Try this site:-

http://www.3ptechnik.co.uk

Product code 3p Rodent Barrier DN100

From home page click products, accessories and then scroll to the bottom of the page.

lol a lot at ferret!!! :D

You can adopt a ferret from rescue centres for about a tenner and they will look after them when you go away on your hols. Our little jill, tilly mcgoo is so soft and placid shed want to invite any rodent in for tea!

They make super pets and the smellier the better for rodent control. Even the local cats wont use our garden as a toilet anymore!

However if you send them down the sewer they will probably bite you.. Iknow I would!!!

"""very upmarket development of converted barns hence the rat problem"""

I would not consider anywhere with rats to be very upmarket!

I'd be very careful about insulting rats - rats have rights too!

As we speak, somewhere a lawyer is preparing to sue Agile over his rat discrimination policy!

Thanks for the ferrets/cats offers - if I could just persuade my own feline to get of it's fat a*se for long enough to even think about catching it's own dinner I might take the cat option seriously - it beats the hell out of a dig out and main drain modification just as the snow starts to fall

Thanks for the suggestion about the rodent barrier - unfortunately not suitable for putting in the underground run as there is no way that's going to allow solids through!

Next suggestion please!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back