ravenheat 820/20 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ravenheat 820/20 combi boiler problem, around 2 months ago my daughter stated that when she turned on her hot water tap, the radiators got warm, diverter valve i suspected, and told her to get someone in and get it sorted, however she did not now everything has packed up, we put the room stat on so it is calling for heat, and the pump runs and the pilot light is alight, but the boiler does not fire up, same with the hot water turn on the tap the boiler does not fire, i stiil believe this damm diverter valve or micro switch has something to do with it, any suggestions would be more than welcome, pump runs, fan runs but boiler does not fire please help

Sponsored Links
Depends pon your capabilities - next would be to get the manual, try to make sense of it and work through the circuits.
Remember the boiler's possibly a bit like me. Middle aged, cantankerous and has plenty of bits not working quite as well as they might. But probably cheaper to sort out than going for a replacement, if you have the patience and can put up with some groaning.

when she turned on her hot water tap, the radiators got warm, diverter valve i suspected, and told her to get someone in and get it sorted, however she did not now everything has packed up

I underlined the NOT because what you described points to the DV as you suspect.
You need to replace this first before you can figure out if there is anything else going on in there.

What happened to your other post? Why didnt you answer the questions I left there? and howcome you were unclefewst131 last week?

Sounds like a dogey poster here who keeps on changing his identity.

Whilst I appreciate a parents concern for his daughter, if she cannot be arsed to call a professional to fix the boiler as suggested then I would say that she should be left to accept the consequences unless she is studying boiler repairing.

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
if she cannot be a***d to call a professional to fix the boiler as suggested then I would say that she should be left to accept the consequences unless she is studying boiler repairing.
I see you've progressed from judging new members whom you've never met to judging people who haven't even posted.

You really can be a smug ars*. :rolleyes:

tony, there is a genuine reason i changed my id, i forgot the other one, i have so many damm passwords and things i should really right then down, tony i have sent you a e mail on the other site plumingpages.com, would greatly appreciate your advice, and yes proffessionals have been called dave

Agile said:

Whilst I appreciate a parents concern for his daughter, if she cannot be a***d to call a professional to fix the boiler as suggested then I would say that she should be left to accept the consequences unless she is studying boiler repairing.

tony, there is a genuine reason i changed my id, i forgot the other one, i have so many damm passwords and things i should really right then down, tony i have sent you a e mail on the other site plumingpages.com, would greatly appreciate your advice, and yes proffessionals have been called dave

Agile said:

Whilst I appreciate a parents concern for his daughter, if she cannot be a***d to call a professional to fix the boiler as suggested then I would say that she should be left to accept the consequences unless she is studying boiler repairing.

Agile said:

I have no facility for receiving email via the plumbing pages website.

If you send me email directly ( address in my profile here ) then I will do my best to help you.

Otherwise if its a question on this topic then why not post it here and we will see what advice we can give.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back