Ravenheat 820/20 Timer malfunction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New to this site. I have a 6-8yr old Ravenheat 820/20 combination boiler with timer. The timer has started re-setting itself everyfew minutes or so. On some occasions it even clicks on and off rapidly (usually in the middle of the night :eek: :( ).

I gather from a quick search on google that some central heating timers have a battery which can wear out and therefore need replacing. Does anyone know if this model has such a replaceable battery. The part number is TH8272. I have opened the device and could not see anything looking like a battery. If not can anyone suggest where I can find a replacement timer unit? I have phoned Ravenheat technical support and they were no help as I am not Corgi registered!!

(unlike the Corgi registered guy who took 4 visits to diagnose a heavily scaled heat exchanger and another 2 visits to replace it - but that rant is for another time)

Please help.

Also, is this a very active site? I do a lot of DIY and would find an active forum very useful. Which DIY forums are useful sources of information.

Sponsored Links
Try this link.
I'm quite sure that part number TM6192 is the modern version [7 day timer]
of the number that you have there.
At that site I have just given you they have it wrongly or incompletely listed as TM619

The Ravenheat timer is powered by a link from the boiler electrics. It's very simple to replace - you just unplug the old and plug in the new. much more difficult is setting the timings in the wretched things. I think I've got a spare one knocking around.

Sponsored Links
Thanks alot for the advice. I have ordered a new timer, when it arrives I shall give it a go and let you know how I get on.
thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back