ravenheat 820/20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed the 3 port on this boiler earlier this year. Called back to change aav. hw working but ch very poor. Pump is good. ch going on for first time this year. Ravenheat reckon on system blockage/muck. Pump goes like a good 'un but it fires for about 10 seconds and then pump overruns for about 20 mins. Any ideas, people? Thermistor? Professionals only need answer. No gifted amateurs, thank you!

Sponsored Links
2face said:
does it run with the head off !!! and manually open ?

Boiler is a combi with a standard mechanical Gianonni diverter, "head does not come off" ;)

Are you sure they haven't TRV'd the whole system and the pins are stuck down?

Anyone fiddled with the flow/return isolating valves?

Pop off the DHW microswitch assembly, stick the heating on and run the hot tap. Do you get hot water ie has the diverter stuck?

Gasguru, I was wondering last night if the diverter had stuck as I lay on the brink of sleep. As I said I put this one in earlier this year when it was failing to move over for hot water. Classic problem on this boiler and for this valve in my experience. The valve I used was one from BES. They are much cheaper than the standard part from HRPC or whoever and I cannot even remember what type of box it came in, pattern or otherwise. It rather worries me that it could have failed in that time. Have you heard of duff ones from BES? When I worked for BG we just got what we wanted but now that I am solo I have to shop around. Thanks for your reply by the way. Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Just bought one of those BES diverters, as it happens it's in the flavour for that Raver. Banico, it says on the box.
It doesn't look like the Giannoni ones eg from Antares(trade only), not even the letter (eg "F") on the side. I think I'll go back to Ant for those.

I recently ordered some spare diaphragms and syncron motors from BES. In the past they have been genuine parts. Now they are from Banico. I met the reps from Banico at a trade show last year and they were very reluctant to give details on their products. ( they also do Honeywell zone valves).

Personally I think its all c**p and I can't see how they get away with it. The motors are almost identical except the cap over the motor. They told me thay aren't manufactured under licence so they must be copies.

I spoke to BES and told them I won't be buying anymore of this rubbish from them - all that extra agro just to save a few quid is just not worth it especially considering the time changing some parts. I think BES are going downhill. They are turning into another Antares - dubious quality and origin of parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back