Ravenheat 85T CSI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have one of the dreaded Ravenheat 85T CSI boilers that seem to have a mind of their own and work the same way. :)

OK, when the boiler tries to fire, whether done manual over ride or on timer; all the fans start up as normal, for the few seconds that they do; but the burners don't fire up....after which the red light comes on and I have to switch off and try again.....

I was told it may be the Air pressure switch and to test this open up the PCB and take unplug the 3 pin plug to the Air pressure switch and use the 2 pin jumper to brdge the 2nd and 3rd pins ( as you look at it)...

After doing this this hey presto - it fires up... for a temporary measure; after a while it goes back to red light again then I have to switch the plugs back as normal and the boiler seems to work fine again......sometimes I need to do this repeated process a few times for it to stay on..

Any ideas please? >...... Its driving me nuts....not to mention the misses. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back