Ravenheat Boiler - No Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help - I have a Ravenheat boiler been Ok for 6 years - there is hot water (fan operates, pump runs, gas ignites - lovely !!) but the heating has stopped working - I have by-passed the timer and room stat but still no joy the boiler still wont fire up - there is no power to pump in CH mode - does this sound like a PCB problem or could someone shed some (cheaper) light on my problem.

Thank you :eek:

Sponsored Links
this would be betting in the plumbing section.

need more info on what ravenheat boiler.

Thanks for your reply - its a Ravenheat Combi Boiler CSI Primary - just a basic thing that normally goes OK

Check for 240VAC at the terminals on the pcb when heating is supposed to come on.

If not there then external control fault.

I hava had 2 pcb's go on these, at the wiring terminals on the board, so the boiler isn't getting the call for heat signal.

Sponsored Links
Well I'll bet my 50 pence on this. The orange wire on your diverter isnt going live when it reaches the CH position. Either the microswitch inside it isnt working or it isnt getting switched because the motor is faulty.
Your boiler is a primary so it doesnt know or care what its heating water up for. If it fires for hot water then it should for CH. Its just not getting the call for heat from the diverter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back