Ravenheat Boilers

fitz1 said:
In the last three weeks i have had to rectify gas work and flue installation and modifications done by 4 persons believing they were competent enough.

So called professionals? Can't you read. The HSE clearly says DIY is not a problem area.

Sponsored Links
4 cases in three weeks within 2 miles of myself suggests someone aint asking the right people.maybe some of the countries big employers are aiding in the law not to be changed.

Sponsored Links
its a free country and systems is entitled to his opinion

and he trots it out every few months or so, boring and tediuos I know but hey what are you going to do

until Blair decides that pompous bores are a threat to national security we will have to put up with him

but here is a thought lets let him spout and ignore it :) like my drunk old uncle bernie

no one listens tohim either

Hi every one Im Sider. Interesting thread.
Been working flat out so unable to contribute any of my fantastic Cowboy plumbing knowledge in the last few weeks.

Just completed another whopping great methane emitting tank.
:D

water systems has some good points. maybe his statesments showing outright lack of care for public safety should be sent to the HSE , then they may see that there is a problem.

Fitz wrote

How does one display such competency ? surely not by trial !

Just read the viper books.
They tell you everything you need to know from tightness testing to purging.:cool:

Here,s the let by test procedure for a meter low pressure installation (as explained on page G8 of the viper manual) installation to refresh you corgi guys memorys and keep you on yer toes..

IGE,UP/1B states that Let-by should be carried out at 50 percent of the operating pressure of the installation, therrefore -

1. Check all appliances are OFF including pilot lights.

2. Turn ON gas and increase pressure to 10mbar.

3. Turn OFF gas.

4. If after 1 minute there is a rise of more than 0.5 mbars in pressure, this indicates that the meter/emergency control is letting by.

fitz1 wrote

you will find that people know how but not why.

Aaah ,but the viper book that you corgi,s are not aware off give the answer. :D

Water Systems said:
dan the man said:
Some right PC key janglers on here..makes me laugh. :rolleyes: :LOL:

And for a cheap boiler ravenheats have been ok in my book.

Its like cars.. anything and any part can fail on any car..some last 200k (hondas :eek: ) and some fall apart after 50k (rover k series engines :LOL: )

but in all cases different models will last and fail at both ends of the spectrum..just like boilers. :rolleyes:

So this one is saying all boilers are the same. We may as well all go to B&Q and buy those £300 jobs and be done with.

no i was saying that some boilers break and some dont.law of averages summats gona go wrong with one of them somewhere no matter how much or how less u paid for it.

PMSL at this thread.

Anyone on the current thread care to state their credentials. :cool:

Im just a cowboy or em well was, but not anymore. Decided to go straight.

So if it`s not illegal to perform gas work without monetary reward, could a landlord do his own safety cert? Mr systems i wait with baited breath!

Sider said:
Anyone on the current thread care to state their credentials. :cool:

Im just a cowboy or em well was, but not anymore. Decided to go straight.

Got mine sider 2**68 not giving it all away
:D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back