ravenheat combi boiler RSF 84ET

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help me!. I have ravenheat combi boiler RSF 84ET and i am having trouble with the water pressure on it. The water pressure has risen from 1 round about were it should be to nearly 4 which is way to high. How do i get it down again, i have bled my radiators but it just goes back up again the day after. Last week the water pressure dropped to under 1 WHY?. So i opened the valve to let more pressure in i know how to do that and got it to the right pressure, and as far as i know stopped the pressure at 1. So can anyone please tell me why this is happening the pressure dropping and then going up. It would be much appreciated. Sharon.

Sponsored Links
Its most likely you have not fully closed the filling valve!

It might also be leaking!

I have never heard of one but it could also be the heat exchanger leaking.

The only way to lower the pressure is to bleed the rads.

The PRV is probably leaking after opening to let the over pressure out!

Tony

Agile said:
The only way to lower the pressure is to bleed the rads.Tony

I would prefer to use a drain off under one of the rads, a lot quicker and easier to do.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Agile said:
The only way to lower the pressure is to bleed the rads.Tony

I would prefer to use a drain off under one of the rads, a lot quicker and easier to do.
Hi Dave Its Sharon, How do i drain a rad from underneath. Like you sain it would be a lot quicker and a lot less messier. Thanks Sharon

I would never use a drain cock to lower the pressure!

The cowboys solder them in with the seal in place. When you try to open them they dont open and if they did they would not close again. You then have a very wet and messy black stain over the cream carpet!

Better to use the air vent in the bathroom if there are floor tiles you can wipe clean.

Tony

Agile said:
I would never use a drain cock to lower the pressure!

Well that way you are there longer so you can charge more :rolleyes:

The cowboys solder them in with the seal in place. When you try to open them they dont open and if they did they would not close again. You then have a very wet and messy black stain over the cream carpet!

Why are you draining from a drain cock without protection on the cream carpet anyway. I certainly wouldn't :eek: IF seal IS damaged just replace whilst it is out.

Better to use the air vent in the bathroom if there are floor tiles you can wipe clean.

I refer the right honorable gentleman to my previous answer :LOL:

You are sounding more like Softus!

Virtually all our visits are on a fixed price basis so I would not want to take too long.

Removing 1-2 li from a bleed screw in the bathroom would take just 2-3 minutes.

Opening a drain cock is likely to take 30-60 minutes if it goes wrong which it usually does for me. You are also risking damaging the carpets however carefully you try to cover them.

Of course if you are charging by the hour and have nothing else to do then obviously you are going to try to do things in the longest way possible.

A firm based in Pimlico removed the expansion vessel from a Bahama so they could take it away to the service station to repressurise it ( at £110 per hour plus vat ).

I would do it in situ with my foot pump ( operated by hand ).

Tony

Sharon
You could always reduce the pressure by twisting the pressure release valve (red plastic knob bottom right hand side of the boiler as you face it) which should empty to the o/s alot easier and quicker.
Pete

Fluffster said:
Sharon
You could always reduce the pressure by twisting the pressure release valve (red plastic knob bottom right hand side of the boiler as you face it) which should empty to the o/s alot easier and quicker.
Pete

And risk getting crud on the valve seat and needing a new prv :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back