Ravenheat CSI 85 Condensing Combi

Fin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a three-bedroom bungalow and have eight radiators running off a Ravenheat CSI 85 Condensing Combi which was installed about 12 months ago. Myself and the wife have decided to have a loft conversion which will add three bedrooms and a bathroom, specifically 4 more radiators. Do I need an additional circulating pump or will the pump in the existing boiler be sufficiently strong enough to circulate the water.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
Should be fine.......85,000 btus equalls approx 16 rads comfortabley heated. being a three bed house the pump should be more than adequate,

HarrogateGas said:
Should be fine.......85,0000 btus equalls approx 16 rads ,

WOW

would have said that that would do about 160 rads 850000 btus :LOL:

sorry pedantic got aint I you'll be calling me softus next ;)

I am glad that you were able to reach an amicable agreement with the wife over having a loft extension. Thats always a good idea!

Be aware that many people I meet, find that they cannot live in their property while the initial roofing work is being carried out !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Be aware that many people I meet, find that they cannot live in their property while the initial roofing work is being carried out !

Tony

Please expand Agile as the agreement is fragile as she wanted to move house initially.

Ta

A loft conversion is a major building project and the impact on a bungalow where you dont have a lower floor to live in while work is going on overhead is even greater.

I am often called to these jobs to comment or give quotes for plumbing work. In virtually ALL those I have seen, there have been several "mistakes" where feet or beams have gone through ceilings and significant cracking and lots of dust are "normal".

In the worst cases, heating and plumbing to a bathroom have been overlooked and the builders have fitted large chipboard flooring sheets without any consideration for placing pipework underneath first.

It will be a wonderful benefit to convert a bungalow to a "house" and greatly increase the value but dont expect to live inside during the daytime while they are working immediately above you doing the early stages!

Tony

dont forget to only use 1 hot water tap as using 2 will give a poor flow of hot water,the lofts i plumb in london always want multi shower heads a bit like being in a car wash,kind of limited with with a combi,so i tell the truth and lose the job,thats ok with me.as they usually have little money left for a unvented system via their combi.
good luck with your loft extension.

Thats the problem with being honest, you dont get the sales!

Thats why used car salesmen and estate agents tell so many lies! They have to in order to achieve sales and make an honest (?) living!

What about using a pump on the mains to defeat the pressure problem? I'm sure someone must have come up with a solution to this problem with Combi's.

BTW I went with honest rather than lying thieving B*****d

There is no simple answer to the problems combis can give on tap HW outpout. You can't pump the mains. Find out from your water provider what your pressure is (simple phone call with postcode) and measure your flow at the kitchen tap + the garden tap together.

Circulation in the CH system won't be an issue though, its a closed loop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back