Ravenheat csi 85

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a ravenheat csi 85 AT boiler i get hot water but no central heating,on the diverter valve there is a switch i replaced it still did not work untill i pressed the button on it then heating came on untill i took my finger off button then it stopped again.

According to the manual its the ignition control board?

Any help guys

Sponsored Links
Hi it sounds more like a controls issue to me if the ignition board was faulty your HW wouldnt work, if you press the DV microwswitch with no water running all the heat goes into the heating circuit which is why it appears to work. I would try linking out the external controls first and the integral timer before anything else hope this helps Paul.

Hi it sounds more like a controls issue to me if the ignition board was faulty your HW wouldnt work, if you press the DV microwswitch with no water running all the heat goes into the heating circuit which is why it appears to work. I would try linking out the external controls first and the integral timer before anything else hope this helps Paul.

Hi mate

Appreciate your reply,ah right i understand what you mean regarding Dv microswitch and as you stated it would have to go somewere i.e heating thats cleared that (thank you).

It does have a timer and a thermostat, thermostat is on full with red and green light, timer clock ticks away and red light is on to show live, Do you mean disconnect the timer and stat from the boiler?

If you remove the pcb cover (after switching off the power) look to the left hand side of the pcb you should see the stat wires the connector says room stat, disconnect them and put in a link wire if your heating works when you turn the boiler on then you need to check your external controls (stat and Clock) good luck Paul

Sponsored Links
If you remove the pcb cover (after switching off the power) look to the left hand side of the pcb you should see the stat wires the connector says room stat, disconnect them and put in a link wire if your heating works when you turn the boiler on then you need to check your external controls (stat and Clock) good luck Paul

Thanks for that matey will try that and get back to you.

Thanks

Hi mate as you suggested it was the external controls.

Thanks very much for your advice and help.

Hi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back