Ravenheat CSI85 interrmittant after drain+refill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced pipes and radiator in the lounge over the weekend. For this I had to drain the CH. After job completion, refilled the system, and fired up. Gurgled a lot in the boiler when the heating got going. Pipes got nice and hot, so no problems I thought, until I tested the DHW. Turning the tap on whirred the boiler into life, and after a longer than normal time, the water became hot. Then it went cold again. The boiler had it's orange light on (picture of a spanner by it), but still operational sounding noises coming from it. I can reset the system by cycling the main power, but the problem does re-occur.

My only other bolier experience has been with an Ariston, and that was fine to drain/refill the CH as required. Have I done anything wrong on this occasion? All the radiators were bled, and I have around 1.1bar pressure.

Cheers
Alex

Sponsored Links
It seems as though the water pressure may have been the issue. When I got home, it was about 0.9bar, and the problem was there (btw the warning light was about the flame going out). I topped up to 1.2b, and got it all going again. and an hour later, still getting hot water on demand!.

Hopefully it'll be alright here on in. Was getting worried after other people's opinion's on these boilers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back