Ravenheat csi85t keeps cutting out! Dodgy install?

QUOTE """ I did the same thing as you by getting someone who wasn't CORGI registered on the cheap. That was a bad idea because he didn't flush the system with a flushing agent which must be done (on just replacement boilers or totally new install of central heating )"""

There you are, somebody else has learnt the hard way.

Every day I hear of someone who has had their boiler fitted by a cowboy. Sometimes they were conned but mostly they thought they were saving money.

The Ravenheats are PERFECTLY GOOD BOILERS IF and only IF they are properly installed on a clean system!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
The Ravenheats are PERFECTLY GOOD BOILERS IF and only IF they are properly installed on a clean system!
Ere Ere
To add to this they have just changed their guarantee period to 3 years from 1st Sep 2005 for all their condensing A rated boilers that are correctly fitted AND maintained by Corgi installers. Also they make the most efficient A rated atmospheric boilers available.
Apart from the famous thermister problem which is cheap to sort out and more prolific after a bad install, most of the other problems I find with them are with parts that exist in other makes of boiler anyway ie. The honeywell air pressure switch, The giannoni diverter valve, The Honeywell gas valve [again made in china versions] And the 'red' honeywell ignition pcb.
People can slag them off as much as they like but they will never stop the fact that the sheds are knocking them out left right and centre and like all boilers they will need fixing and maintaining. I'm not saying they are perfect but who can say any boiler is? None of them last forever and none are maintenance free! What I am saying is that they are an honest product and that in general the company have a positive, progressive attitude even though in some respects eg Call centre procedures and parts availability; they still have a lot of improvements to make.

you tell um Slug!

nessessary or not i put the bypass in if for no other reason than to eliminate another excuse for the system not working. It's only a valve, a few T's and a bit of pipe so why not. Didn't make a blind bit of difference from what I can tell but I understand why you would want one with all the TRV's shutting off there was a slim chance the rapid temperature rise in the boiler could cause a lockout problem.

The system was gravity fed and solid fuel and in the process of converting it's been flushed out more times than a Moscow McToilet so if it's not clean as a whistle by now it never will be. There's no inhibitor because I've got to add a few radiators to replace electric heaters in the Hall and kitchen and will be draining down again in a few weeks.

Now the little air pressure hose has been cut to the correct length (!) the boiler works perfectly. Nice to know it was all Ravenheats fault and not the plumming, but to their technical helpdesk's credit they got to the bottom of the problem. The plummer was worth his weight in call out fee and I want his children - he said a cheque would do.

If its any consolation to you I`m a professional heating engineer and I have a ravenheat condenser,I`v had it for almost 4 years and all its cost me is a diaphragm kit and a fan.but I also installed it myself and made damn sure it was fully flushed out.

Sponsored Links
Hi I have this boiler installed. The guys who did it usually fit worcester, they were very surprised how sturdy and quiet it is.

Touch wood so far it has been brilliant, I would agree on the quietness too, I am at the moment well chuffed and hope to remain that way, the 3 year warranty is a bonus too, for peace of mind. :D

I have no affiliation with any manufacturer, am just an end user who believes in credit where credits due.

I had a baxi some years ago and had nothing but trouble with it, i dont think there is such a thing as 100% reliability with any make these days no matter of cost. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back