Ravenheat CSi85T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler but the DHW is not getting very hot. The PHE was cleaned 2 months ago and the thermistors and poteniometers have been replaced. It was working fine untill 2 days ago.

I can see thru the sight glass that the gas only comes to full power when I unplug the DHW thermistor but it then goes on to get to hot and then cut out. I also note that if I press the screw end, which is concealed by the yellow cap on the gas valve, the gas appears to come to full power.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
Change the DHW thermistor seems faulty.

I Know you said it has been changed, but new parts can be faulty also.

STOP pressing the self destruction button...... you crazy guy.. :eek:

COuld be faulty gas valve or pcb (or something else!). Someone needs to measure mod coil voltages and gas pressures. Would probably be a corgi...

Sponsored Links
Might not be thinking clearly hear (been painting and drinking).

does'nt the thermistor modulate the gas by way of resistance?.

Whats the boiler doing on heating vinno?.

does'nt the thermistor modulate the gas by way of resistance?.

Sure, indirectly, but as the guy's changed it twice...??

It's the pcb which measures the resistance of the ntc, & decides what voltage to put on the mod coil. If say there's a HW control on the pcb with a broken track, gawd knows what you'd get.
Gas valve solenoid could be sticking I spose, though if it's been poked that might clear it!

Heating not on its DHW thats the prob. Poking the solenoid sounds like a plan. Any pointers wecome!

Thats my train of thought Chris, (points toward PCB emoticon)

Looked at my CSI manual(PDF) and cant read it, too blured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back