Ravenheat Fanned Combi RSF 82ET - Flame Failure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ravenheat Combi works fine most of the time but occasionally it locks out with the yellow flame faliure light coming on. It hasn't been so bad over the summer with just the hot water needed. I saw the problem maybe 4 times in as many months. Now I am starting to use the central heating aswell the problem seems to be getting worse. It always seems to work for around 20 minutes and then the flame failure light appears and the boiler stops working. I then have to reset the boiler by switching it off. If i then leave it for a few minutes and try it again, it will fire up again but after another 10 minutes or so it stops working again. I recently had the boiler serviced and i did mention this problem to the plumber but he said he everything looked in good condition inside when he serviced it. Any ideas anyone? Many thanks, Andrew

Sponsored Links
Its probably not going to do any harm but there is clearly a problem.

Another problem is your "plumber" perhaps.

We charge £55 for a service and thats what it is! Not a fault diagnosis for which we charge more and come quicker.

Maybe your plumber is just that and is not really a boiler engineer capable of finding faults? Perhaps he did not want to find faults for the price of a service.

My usual questioning would be about who installed it and were they experienced and CORGI registered as many lockouts are caused by dogey flue assembly.

Tony

I had the same thoughts about the the fact he was there to perform a service and not on a fault finding exercise. I didn't expect him to fix the problem though, just to keep an eye out for anything that might be causing the lockups and then I could have booked him again to fix that.
Unfortunately the boiler was installed before I arrived at the flat, so I cannot comment on if the installer was corgi registered etc. The engineer who serviced the boiler was however corgi registered and he seemed happy with the boiler. Looks like another callout but to a new engineer this time. Thanks, Andrew.

Sponsored Links
Transient lockouts can be very difficult to trace even for a very experienced engineer. There are simply so many different possible causes and on a short service visit its not likely to manifest itself.

The potential problem you will have is that many people will charge you but be unable to find any cause.

Conversly to come on a no-fix no-fee basis is unlikely to attract anyone because of the difficulty of seeing the fault occur.

We would come on the n-f n-f basis but thats only because we provide a 100% transparent service and would hope to be a little more experienced at identifying problems. Not a job I would relish though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back