ravenheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed new RSF 82ET boiler, problem is that it is not firing up. i have checked all leaks, opened all valves , pressure set at 1.5 bar, boiler is calling for heat, ignition is heard but boiler shuts down after a minute (flame failure). gas supply is present. any suggestions. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Warranty callout. Assuming you are qualified and set up the boiler properly.

Don't they sell ravenheat in B&Q?

simond said:
Warranty callout. Assuming you are qualified and set up the boiler properly.

Don't they sell ravenheat in B&Q?

ye they do and we all know why

they are shyte

:)

first of all why are you installing a Standard Effiecency boiler instead of a Condensing boiler?

You will probably find it is the pump that has got jammed. Give it a spin witht he screw driver and it will probably work fine. Ravenheat seem to send boilers ou with jammed pumps in quite a bit i have noticed.

Sponsored Links
micky p said:
first of all why are you installing a Standard Effiecency boiler instead of a Condensing boiler?

You will probably find it is the pump that has got jammed. Give it a spin witht he screw driver and it will probably work fine. Ravenheat seem to send boilers ou with jammed pumps in quite a bit i have noticed.

cos he brought it at a shed and fitted it himself, and did not break the law

b+q gotta love them

Ravenheat seem to send boilers ou with jammed pumps in quite a bit i have noticed.

They always seem to do tricks like that just to make the DIYers life hard. Most reputable tradesmen wont touch them because they sell them in BNFNQ

I like Ravenheats and make a few bob fixing them but one and only thing I will say against them is that they always have more teething problems than any other boilers I have fitted or worked with.

The first of three common teething problems that springs to mind here is the one about the plate that carries the ignition parts [spark/sensing electrode/s and pilot where fitted] sometimes has to be bent to get the correct spark gap. If this is the problem there is often a smell of gas outside as it tries to light.

Nearly every time I look at a Raver I have to throw a new ch thermistor at it. Even the new clip on thermistors are troublesome. It's the root of most evils on them. In boiler spares terms they cost cherry bobs

Another is. Whenever there is an elbow on the flue as it comes out of the boiler make sure the flue sensing ring connection a.k.a. venturi is at 90º to the direction of the flue. Follow the tube from the air pressure switch if you cant find it.
Strange thing about that one is that it can work fine for up to 12 months and then suddenly become an issue. Downright spooky I say :evil:

Checking the pump as stated applies to any combi rather than specifically to this make and is also in the running

The good news for you as stated by simond is that they should come out and fix it under the warranty if its less than 12 months old. The guarantee is 3 years if fitted by a corgi and the Benchmark is filled in and that applies to all boilers fitted since September 2005.

If I remember right the number is 0113 252 7007

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back