Ravenheat No gas, No flame

Seems a very cheap gas valve!

I am sure that Parts Center would be at least double!

Can you tell me where these cheap parts come from as my customers would appreciate cheaper parts!

Tony

Sponsored Links
As someone who likes fixing ravenheats....

I'd be looking at the pilot injector. They do get blocked and sometimes the pipe that feeds gas to it gets blocked too.

Don't faff about trying to clean it, a new one is not too expensive compared to what its cost you so far to not fix it.

I bought the gas valve from an ebay supplier who has plenty of good history. Yes I know some of you might think its probably faulty but it did seem genuine and once delivered was in excellent (new) condition. Really, it had no signs of use. The thread for the pilot connection had no sign of wear.

how come you have changed the APS twice on this boiler ?????? cant tell you what is wrong as its against the rules on here but you should never have to change an APS twice in a boilers lifetime and as a clue its not the APS its what it measures

Sponsored Links
The boiler has served me well for 11 years where the only fault has been the Air pressure switch. Once it was changed by the ravenheat engineer while the boiler was under warranty and later by me when roughly 8 years of use.

I didn't think the APS would be faulty or even the Fan since a spark is being initiated. Am I wrong to assume this?

Slugbabydotcom

The pilot injector is clear and checked (by the parts changer). When held to the light the tiny holes were clearly visable. The pipe has also been checked (allows air to pass through and another one was used by the gas safe person) No problem with this.

Agile
I spoke to a couple of gas safe persons (parts changers) and have found that in some cases I am able to get hold of a part at a better price than them. For example, the ravenheat thermister I purchased from ebay for £5. I believe this is cheaper than most places. I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet that if you want to stock up on parts that you know you need on a regular basis then ebay sellers do sell them cheaper.

I am sure no one will approve, but... I used to have the same boiler. I tested my gas valve by running the modulator coil from an independent variable power supply (rather than the pub). This allowed me to prove that my gas valve was ok, and the issue was relating to the electronics not telling the gas valve what to do.

It is easy to go on the wrong track, though. I was convinced that the main PCB was bad, but testing that proved that the issue was actually a break in the wiring loom! Check everything!!!

Slugbabydotcom

The pilot injector is clear and checked. When held to the light the tiny holes are clearly visable. The pipe has also been checked (allows air to pass through and another one was used by the gas safe person) No problem with this.

Firstly, as a DIYer you should not be opening your boiler and taking the pilot assembly apart.

Secondly, its against the forum rules for Slugbabydotcom to encourage you to do so.

I dont see why Rickw felt it necessary to power the mod coil independently.

He could have measured the voltage applied by the boiler PCB and seen that it was not correct.

The wiring loom is the boiler wiring between the controling PCB and the auxilary components.

I dont see why Rickw felt it necessary to power the mod coil independently.

He could have measured the voltage applied by the boiler PCB and seen that it was not correct.

The wiring loom is the boiler wiring between the controlling PCB and the auxilary components.

its nothing to do with the modureg it doesnt matter what voltage is going there you are completely on the wrong path with that, the modureg only comes in to use once the boiler has lit its like an accelerator on a car for want of a simpler explanation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back