RAVENHEAT RSF 820/20 and Worcester Greenstar questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm during replacing full central heating system. Which pipes in Ravenheat rsf 820/20 are for radiators (feed and return). I can't even remove the cover because it will break something, stops working. I need to seal the two pipes and fill with water.

Ravenheat is in the bedroom upstairs. Greenstar is to be installed in the kitchen. (Once there was a boiler). What price do I expect to install a new boiler? Are the gas pipe must be changed from 15mm to 22mm? From the meter to the boiler is about 1.5 meters in a straight line.

regards
martin

Sponsored Links
We charge about £840 plus cost of boiler and flue in our local London area. May be a bit cheaper in your area.

That includes upgrading gas pipes up to two metres from the boiler to 22 mm. Thats an irelevant aspect in your case as long as the pipe is accesible.

Cleaning the system is the most important aspect.

Tony

Hi Tony

I have new Worcester boiler, flue and DT10RF digistat all waiting in the boxes. New radiators, TRVs and pipe work will be finish and pressure tested till sunday.

If I have new system, do I need to do a system flush ?

What about "MagnaClean" or "Fernox TF1". Is it worth it to have ?

martin

If I have new system, do I need to do a system flush ?
Of course - read the instructions?!

You will have to get a Registered Gas Engineer to fit the boiler. He should be advising you. If you try to do it yourself there's a lot you won't know about.

Magnaclean - do a "search" on the forum, there's lots here.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR";p="1685656 said:
You will have to get a Registered Gas Engineer to fit the boiler. He should be advising you. If you try to do it yourself there's a lot you won't know about.

Oh yes, I know. Only Corgi / Gas safe registered fitter. Personally, I was looking for someone from Worcester - Bosch. From what I have said I can get a 5 year warranty if the boiler will be fitted by trained company / fitters.

Sometimes it sells quite unnecessary services. Apparently ask's free and what you know is yours. I did not know that there is some installation instructions with the boiler.

martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back