Ravenheat RSF 820/20 boiler - diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ravenheat RSF 820/20 boiler

Hi.
I have been having problems with getting the boiler to heat the water for a shower. Found out that it was the diverter value that wasn’t activating the attached microswitch.

The problem now is that I don’t have a manual for the boiler and I believe that I have turned off all of the isolation values leading to the boiler and drained the expansion tank BUT when I try to un-screw the pipe from the diverter value to the exchanger? there is a lot of water pressure. Pressure goes away when I turn a tap on downstairs – so what I need to know is what have I forgotten to off / shut down so that I can get this (very stupidly placed) value out of the boiler.

Any help will be gratefully received :)

Sponsored Links
i wouldn't touch any of the isolation valves on the boiler, you might end up with leak city! does the boiler work when you turn a tap on? if it does then it might be the shower valve that is the problem, it also sounds like you have not isolated the cold inlet

The boiler doesn't kick in when any hot water tap is turned on as the diverter valve doesn't push the rod far enough to activate the micro switch.

should i leave the isolation valves alone - aren't they there for that job ?

yes they are for isolating the boiler but they normally leak if you operate them. Sounds like the diaphragm has gone

Sponsored Links
can i drain the system by just turning off the mains supply to the house and draining the expansion tank?. This way i can leave all of the isolation valves alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back