Ravenheat RSF 82E - Central Heating not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, ignore this. When the system was installed, the guy used the earth cable as the com live. Now I have connected this up, it is working.

Hi,

I have a Ravenheat RSF 82E, which was installed only just over a year ago. There is an Invensys SM1 timer connected, and in the same circuit, a Danfoss Randall RET-230VF2 manual dial room thermostat controlling the return signal to the timer. The rating is 6(2) A.

Just recently I have been decorating, so have removed the bathroom radiator (small) and the living room radiator (large). These are back in place, and I have bled them. I bled the upstairs ones only after discovering my problem, but I don't believe the CH has run since I re-fitted the downstairs radiator.

I have also attempted to fit a digital 5/2 day Danfoss TP5 timer. The rating is 6(2) A. Believing this to be the cause of my problem, I put the original back on, but the problem is stil present. Is it possible I have blown the timer by letting too large a current through?

Now for the problem:

The Domestic Hot Water works fine. The Pump runs (have checked by comparing vibration with it plugged and unplugged). The burner fires (so therefore I assume the fan is working, otherwise it would cut out). Thew central heating does not kick in. I have set the timer to continuous, and the light is on to say it is on. I checked the continuity across the poles on the back of the timer (with it removed), and com1 to off are always a circuit. (my assumption is that this is the case until it has a live current in there). I have moved the return (switched on) wire to the off position, aswell as having it in the correct on position. The same aplies to the manual thermostat with respect to the continuity test across live and off. I have checked the continuity across the digital timer live and com switch, they are fine.

Is this a problem with the 3 way valve, as mentioned in a previous post, or could it be simply the timer?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back