Ravenheat RSF 82e 'cycling' problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all, over the last 6 months had a few odd problems with the above boiler but I settled most of them just a few little points still bugging me and I'm positive that what's happening is not the normal way the boiler functions.

1. When you run the hot tap you can hear the boiler fire up (a little black disc moves on the diverter valve to press another nearby switch to do this) and the water gets hot- whilst the tap is on you can hear the boiler turning on and off, on and off- you can still get hot water at a push but surely when requesting hot water from either the shower or hot water tap the boiler should stay continuously on and not 'cycle?

Has anybody got any suggestions for what could be causing this? any sensors, valves?

2. When I turn the heating on ( I have the heating thermostat on the boiler to max) and have a room thermostat set to 20 degrees) the rads get warmer and eventually all get boiling. Once the boiler reaches temperature (in it's own mind) the boiler turns off (presumably because it has reached temperature) Can I also make a point of saying that it does not trip the overheat thermostat so that is not defective ( I hope) The boiler turns off for say 2 minutes and then on again and so on until eventually (when the boiler has been on for a few hours) the boiler turns off because the room stat signals it has reached temperature.

Again I've compared this with my mums boiler (Biasi Riva Advance HE) and once that reaches temp it shuts down and then starts up after- there is no constant stop-start.

Does anybody have any ideas what this could be and how to sort it? pump speed- all though I have tried that and the same happens it just takes longer. Are there any other relevant sensor what this could be?

I want to apologise for the length of the post but I wanted to provide as much information as possible as I know this forum has lots of members which know what they are on about.

Any other info needed to determine diagnosis- please let me know

Regards,

BW

Sponsored Links
Hi, Can anybody shed any light- I have looked through the numerous Ravenheat topics on here but I cannot see any reference to the problems I currently have.

All help appreciated.

Regards,

BW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back