RCCD / RCD Tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a number of Trade stands each protected by a 13amp plug in RCCD / RCD. Each time the main floor sockets in the venue are turned off the trip operates. Can anyone advise of a device that does not trip due to loss of power

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your RCD is an Active RCD which will trip in the event of mains failure or removal. You will need to manually reset after power has been reapplied. This type of RCD is generally used to stop certain items restarting unexpectedly

A Passive RCD is mains failure proof. It will function under normal conditions but won't trip in the event of mains failure.

Maybe all RCD plug-in adaptors are of the Active type? I really don't know as I've never bought nor used one.

Sponsored Links
That's ideal for him.
I did have a quick search around but only turned up active (non-latching) RCD adaptors. Good to know passive (latching) adaptors are available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back