rcd not tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a powerbreaker rcd fitted outside my bathroom protecting my whirlpool bath, when i press the test button, i hear a humming noise from the rcd, but it doesnt trip?

I have checked the wiring as best i can, there is a 6mm earth going back to the fuse board which had a 100ma rcd, but i cant seem to find why the unit wont trip

any help or guidence welcome

Sponsored Links
replace it ASAP. if it doesnt trip, it indicates there is a fault (in the RCD) and it might NOT trip if someone gets a shock

Thanks for your reply Andrew

Could it be anything other than a faulty RCD. ( the noise is more a buzz than a hum)

I am hoping you say no to this question, so i can get it swapped and problem solved :)

unlikely, it sounds like you rcd is trying to trip but just "can't quite make it. " i would change it

Sponsored Links
Had this countless times with Powerbreaker H92's.

Change it. It's buggered. If your spur has a mechanical indicator, it has a 3 year warranty. Ring up Powerbreaker and they will post you a new one. If it has a neon indicator, then it has 1 year.

Unfortunately, nearly every H92 I've installed has gone wrong at some point in it's life. AFAIK, there are only two mfrs - Greenbrook and Contactum (well, and Smiths, but Contactum make them for Smiths).

Anybody have experience of Contactum?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back