RCD Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of installing a new electric shower. The old wiring is totally unsuitable and I intend to install a RCD in the circuit. I have an SD62 40Amp RCD with the usual 4 connections. Unfortunately, non of the connectors have any marks to give a clue as to which wire Neutral/Live etc. goes where! Can anyone give me a clue.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Live and neutral are interchangeable on the input and the output of the RCD, just don't swap them.

Buzzlybudd said:
Unfortunately, non of the connectors have any marks to give a clue as to which wire Neutral/Live etc. goes where! Can anyone give me a clue.
Cheers

By using a multimeter/bell set or any variation of continuity tester would be very useful for doing this task.

Buzzlybudd said:
I'm in the process of installing a new electric shower. The old wiring is totally unsuitable and I intend to install a RCD in the circuit. I have an SD62 40Amp RCD with the usual 4 connections. Unfortunately, non of the connectors have any marks to give a clue as to which wire Neutral/Live etc. goes where! Can anyone give me a clue.
Cheers

most dont matter which side what is on, just dont cross them over or youll have wrong polarity

Sponsored Links
Hi All,
Many thanks for the info from you all, very much appreciated, seems my problem is now solved.
Cheers :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back