re-alarm going off on tamper

The colt is my favourite PIR, I still use them today. I've only changed about 5 and fitted over 1000.

I don't think you can add a delay to the panel but they aren't expensive.

Sponsored Links
The detection (normally closed) circuits of an alarm should have a 400 - 500 millisecond delay before it 'reads' a circuit as open. If you open and close the circuit really quickly the open circuit won't register. The reason for that is that voltage spikes and fluctuations can trigger an alarm falsely, so this tiny half second delay was added. That's why panic buttons are latching.

my bold - what a load of rubbish, its so you know which one was pressed that simple.

The detection (normally closed) circuits of an alarm should have a 400 - 500 millisecond delay before it 'reads' a circuit as open. If you open and close the circuit really quickly the open circuit won't register. The reason for that is that voltage spikes and fluctuations can trigger an alarm falsely, so this tiny half second delay was added. That's why panic buttons are latching.

my bold - what a load of rubbish, its so you know which one was pressed that simple.

If they weren't latching then it was possible to press them without them operating, that was seen as a security risk as the operator may have only had a fleeting chance to press it. Before your time I guess?

Sponsored Links

If they weren't latching then it was possible to press them without them operating, that was seen as a security risk as the operator may have only had a fleeting chance to press it. Before your time I guess?

hardly,

so make your mind up which reason they were introduced for

1 - to prevent EMF (on an unpowered switch, LOL, FFS)

or

2 - to ensure the operator has pressed them (because thats really what you need in an emergency - resistance to pressure)

simple answer only please 1 or 2?

I'm not getting into some kind of pointless argument with a thread hijacking troll. I've explained to you why. If you can't understand that then go away.

You'll soon be banned - yet again.

I'm not getting into some kind of pointless argument with a thread hijacking troll. I've explained to you why. If you can't understand that then go away.

You'll soon be banned - yet again.

troll? isnt that someone who knows more than the O/P?

no you havnt - so which is it?

one (laughable and technically impossible)

or

two (just laughable)

he won`t answer the question viewers, I wonder why?

Because it's got nothing to do with the problem the poster has. Time for you to get banned (yet again).

No matter what name you post under I've yet to see you make a helpful post.

Hi Joe, sorry to have caused a bit of a spat. However the reason for me notfitting was simple, my grandchildren kept engaging it, thought it was fun, so I removed it.I am going to resite PIR, change swiches, even though they are fairly new,if the problem persists, then I shall have to look at the Panel, I don,t know if it has the delay fitted. It,s a OptimaXM, from CEF, try not to buy rubbish, 14 years old.Do you think it may have it, how can you tell? Thanks for the info, much appreciated, other guy sounds like a bit of an A;;;;;;;;e. I,m used to them cheers. PS.Just done pir and switches, wait and see what happens, when you say they are fairly cheap, I presume you mean panels, do you?

Because it's got nothing to do with the problem the poster has. Time for you to get banned (yet again).

No matter what name you post under I've yet to see you make a helpful post.

so why did YOU introduce the topic hmm|?

I post a lot of usefull stuff, usually correcting your bad advice - like this one.

Hi Joe, sorry to have caused a bit of a spat. However the reason for me notfitting was simple, my grandchildren kept engaging it, thought it was fun, so I removed it.I am going to resite PIR, change swiches, even though they are fairly new,if the problem persists, then I shall have to look at the Panel, I don,t know if it has the delay fitted. It,s a OptimaXM, from CEF, try not to buy rubbish, 14 years old.Do you think it may have it, how can you tell? Thanks for the info, much appreciated, other guy sounds like a bit of an A;;;;;;;;e. I,m used to them cheers. PS.Just done pir and switches, wait and see what happens, when you say they are fairly cheap, I presume you mean panels, do you?

sorry mate but colt pirs and optima xm are "rubbish" - changing signalling delay is a non starter

Hi, update, moved PIR, Now the alarm going off on tamper without switch activation, so not switches. must be alarm system.Should I isolate tamper system by link in panel? advice grateful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back