Re-Grouting Quarry Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just stripped my floor of painted quarry tiles - Do I need to remove all the existing grout before re-grouting or can I grout over the original grout???

Sponsored Links
I think a lot depends on the thickness of the re-grouting is going to be. If it's a thin layer you may find small bit of grout breaking off in certain area. It's a gamble but removing exsisting grout would be a better job but you may find you will loosen the quarry tiles as well ! Without seeing it, might be best to re-grout and see how it goes, if it failed then re-grout 100% if you don't mind doing again !

Thanks

Should I seal the tiles before grouting as well as after grouting with Golvopolish?

Your best bet is pop to down to Tile Shop (not diy shop), they may have something suitable for re-grouting for your need or advise you the best way to go about it.

Sponsored Links
you shouldnt use the golvpolish though as it contains waxes and any that gets down into the gaps will stop the grout adhereing to the sides of the tiles properly.Use something like HG impregnator instead, grout clean up with HG remover followed by impregnator and the golvpolish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back